Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A New Addition To The Rebel Yell Family

It’s a boy . . . it’s a girl . . . it’s a . . . claws??


Hello, all! My name is Menoclaws, and I’m a member of the Roller Rebels’ NSO and Support Staffs. I’m waaay over to the right in the photo below.
Photo Copyright Manish Gosalia


Thanks to the lovely Ettator-in-Chief, I can now add “blogging” to my bucket list! I’m looking forward to being a part of The Rebel Yell, and also hearing what you, the fans, have to say.


My love of Roller Derby began with a televised game featuring the New York Chiefs, a team that was then part of the International Roller Derby League. I don’t remember the exact details, but what I do vividly recall is that undeniable gut feeling that someday, somehow, this thrilling, spectacular sport just had to be a part of my life.


If I had to describe my Derby Journey with one word, it would be “unpredictable”, because there have been some aspects of it that I never would have imagined . . . or chosen, for that matter. Quite often, the very people or situations I need in my life seem to find me, rather than the other way around. Can that really be true where Derby is concerned? In my case, the answer is a resounding “Hell, YES!”

I’ll elaborate more on this in my next post . . . ‘bye for now!

No comments: