Monday, May 10, 2010

25 Random Facts

Some of my more popular posts on The Rebel Yell, are the ones where one of the Rebels is featured and so I thought it would be fun, not only for you, but for me as well, to learn more things about the girls (and boys).

Today I bring to you my newest column, 25 Random Facts. Here you'll learn some interesting info about your favorite roller girls.

To start, I had each person in the league nominate someone they would like to learn more about, with the intention of featuring the person receiving the most votes.

And the winner is..................Captain Morgan! So without further ado, I give you the down and dirty on our one and only Captain.

1. I was born 1 month premature; my mother had her appendix taken out 2 days before I was born.
2. I broke my foot on a fun slide in 2007.
3. My 3rd, 13th, 23rd and 30th birthdays all land on Friday the 13th.
4. My family owns a lemon farm in Italy, so the lemons in southern Italy are stamped “Madonia
5. Jefferee is my younger brother.
6. I held the highest batting average in my H.S. until someone broke it in 2003.
7. I went to 3 different colleges, all in NY State.
8. My original derby name was “Queen of Clubs”
9. I’ve performed in the Tilles Center.
10. My tattoos are done by Sunday at Lark Tattoo.
11. I received a scholarship to play Tenor Saxophone at C.W.Post.
12. I played bass for an all-female indie punk band called Kiss the Bottle.

13. I have an extensive horror movie collection.
14. My first pet was a rabbit named Freddy
15. Freddy died after 3 weeks from eating houseplants.
16. I have the word sweet tattooed inside my lip
17. I have 2 cats named Maverick and Goose.
18. I have a B.A. in Women’s Studies.
19. I can play the clarinet
20. I played the bass drum in the marching band in H.S. Go Rams!
21. I went to dance school for 10 years.
22. I broke my collarbone when I was 11 by falling off a swing set while hanging upside down.
23. I’m allergic to shrimp
24. My name is on the Wall of Tolerance in Georgia.
25. I was in Model Congress and Key Club in H.S.

Stay tuned for more 25 Random Facts posts.

1 comment:

sleeping booty said...

mav-mav & goose-goose! i want a madonia lemon!