Monday, January 16, 2012

Challenge Me!

I'm an athletic person.  I love to run and obviously skate.  I do my best to eat right and take care of myself, but the truth is, I could do a lot better in the nutrition department.  Nutrition and diet play an important part in derby performance.  Over the years, I've seen a lot of girls loose weight and get fit from skating alone and others from a combination of skating and dieting.  I've seen their bodies change and become more fit and strong.  While I'm not necessarily trying to shed any pounds (though a few would be fine), I do want to eat healthier.  Though some would say that my diet is not all that bad, I'm looking to develop better eating habits and change some of the things that I'm putting into my body.  I have trouble with this concept because when it comes to food I love the idea of quick and convenient and I really don't like to cook.  However, I'm willing to put in a little bit of work to change that and here's where you all come in!

I will be challenging myself to one week of healthy eating (I figure once I'm on a roll I will be likely to continue on this healthy path) and would like food suggestions from all of you!  Email me (ettajams@yahoo.com) healthy food ideas (please no meat - fish is ok) or recipes or better yet a weekly plan, and I will follow it for one week.  I'll post my status along the way and for those of you who would like to do it along with me, we can compare our results.  I will post my status along the way and let you know how it's going.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all have to say and how this change will make me feel. 

I hope this motivates other derby players to improve their food intake and in turn become better skaters.

-Etta

No comments: