Friday, October 9, 2009

Thumbs Up!

I liked it! I did. Whip It, did not do all that well at the box office, but I thought it to be well worth the money. Then again, D-Ball and Sleeping Booty paid for me. Anyhow, It was a coming of age movie, done well. I liked the choice of actors cast for the characters and Drew has got my vote for her hilarious performance in this one. Ellen Page is adorable and Razor, coach of The Hurl Scouts, played by Andrew Wilson was just hysterical! Were some things obviously staged on the track? Yes, but not enough to make me say that it all looked really fake. In addition, there were some real-life derby players on the track. I only recognized Jackie Daniels, but I'm sure some older veterans could point out other players. All around, just a fun film that I would see again.

What did you all think of it?



No comments: