Monday, November 17, 2008

A Very Derby Christmas...or Chaunnuka

With the holidays approaching, I thought it would be cool to post a derby gift guide for all of you. While most derby girls enjoy getting cool new gear as a gift, it's always nice to surprise them with something different. I've shopped around a bit and would like to share with you some of my favorites.

We were lucky to have Black Eyed Susan Skate Shop come down and set up shop at one of our recent bouts. And luckily for all of you, you don't have to leave your computer to score some great items from their shop. Here are a pair of booty shorts that are sure to make you look and feel like a super heroine on skates.
Wonder Woman Booty Shorts from Black Eyed Susan Skate Shop
I love this adorable assortment of designs from Sweetheart Sinner. Use these cases to hold various items, including ID and Nanos.
Protect your skates in style with these star design toe guards from Dandelion Factory.

This wallet from Tiny Meat is definitely one of my favorite items. *hint hint* I'm all about sending letters through the mail, old school style. Check out these adorable cards from Scarlet Bloom

Something I truly love about roller derby is that it appreciates women of all shapes and sizes, as does this painting by Horrible Shapes. Interesting name choice, but wonderful art nonetheless.

Nostalgia buffs can satisfy their derby craving with this 1938 roller derby pass. Not too much time left on this auction so hop...errr skate to it!
I've brought you some of the things I thought you might not have known were out there, but I know there is probably a huge selection of things that I didn't get to. Are you selling something derby related that I don't know about? or Do you know of something that would be a great gift feature to add to my list? Let me know! Leave a comment or as always, feel free to email me ettajams@yahoo.com

Happy shopping!




No comments: