Friday, January 8, 2010

Endlessly Inspiring!

When I was younger, Nike introduced the most inspiring commercial as a part of their Just Do It campaign. The ad showed various individuals each of whom had what most of us would look at as a disability. Some of these athletes had no legs, or one arm or were in a wheelchair and each were shown competing in a sport or exercising. As they flashed each person across the screen doing their thing, phrases such as "I'm too tired" or "I'm not strong enough", followed by "Just do it" would coincide with each athlete. The phrases, such as "I'm too tired" were excuses that the average person might make to not exercise, while the athletes proved to make the impossible, possible. This advertisement stayed with me in my mind over the years and to this day, I still continue to think about it. I've searched for it on YouTube, but didn't have success finding it. Anyone remember this? or know where I might find it?

Athletes time and time again prove the amazing things we as humans are capable of, the limits to which we can push our bodies and the strength we have. I came across this article the other day on BUST's website and thought I would share it with you. Please take a look here at how this remarkable woman breaks records and continues to stay strong no matter what she is up against.


Photo grabbed from website See Amy Run

No comments: