Monday, January 4, 2010

List, Set Out, Achieve

Image from Wikipedia

It’s a new year, a fresh start, a time when many people create new goals for themselves. We make lists, mentally or on paper and we try and cross things off as we go along. If you’re committed to a sport like roller derby, it’s likely that some of your goals will be related to improving your skills or bettering your position within your league. To become a faster jammer, a stronger blocker, to pass your skills test, to be voted the head of a committee…..the list goes on.

One of my goals for 2010 is to make this blog more successful. Already, just a few days into the new year, The Rebel Yell has gained two new followers. Which in derby terms is comparable to taking two seconds off my time trial; a major accomplishment.

Though I bring the news to all of you, I wouldn’t have a successful blog without my loyal readers. I want to thank you all for continuing to read, comment and spread the word about The Rebel Yell. I would also like to ask you, my readers a couple of questions. What would you like to read about in the world of The Long Island Roller Rebels? In the derby world? Email me and tell me what you want to see more of on here and also, let me know some of your resolutions for the new year. I love to hear about your interests and I think that sharing goals can sometimes help others come to realize things that they might want for themselves. One more thing, I'd like to hear some of the goals you've achieved in 2009. I think it would be really interesting to list them all here as a way to give everyone credit for the great things they have done.

Wishing you all the best of luck on achieving your goals this year and every year to follow.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Etta

No comments: