Friday, December 12, 2008

Know the Rules

Next week is our last practice of this year. So Freshies, you will all have a lot of extra time to not only work out on your own, but to read and learn the rules of roller derby. Remember, you must pass a physical AND a written skills test. So for those of you who do not yet know, you can read and or print a set of Women's Flat Track Derby Rules at WFTDA. Read them over and over. Highlight things you don't understand and ask veterans to explain them to you.

Also, I highly recommend watching some bouts. When I first started watching bouts, I had no idea what was going on and didn't think I would ever understand it. The more I watched, the more I learned. Some of us learn better with visuals, others need it in words. So combining the written rules with a visual, will definitely give you a better understanding of how the game is played. Go on youtube and search bouts. Borrow DVDs from other league members and as always, keep those questions coming!!

xo
The Ettator

No comments: