Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This Week

Tonight will be our last practice of the year. I'm not happy about it. I mean, I understand that some of us need/want the break, it's just that I look forward to practice every day and when I'm not at practice, I'm thinking about it. Obsessed, you think?? So, I will replace the time with other tasks, most of which will involve exercise simply because I love to work out. Though it's not derby, it will have to do for the time being.

There is however something derby related to look forward to this week and that's our pink and black themed holiday party this Friday! Last year the party was so much fun and I think this year it will be just as exciting. One of refs, Snarls In Charge, will be our DJ for the night and has already started taking song requests. Of course there will be food and drinks too. But one of the things I'm most looking forward to is our greatly anticipated award ceremony. There are several award categories (Best Skater, Best Derby Name etc) that we all nominated skaters for and voted on. My curiosity will be fulfilled when the winners are announced. In the end though, aren't we all winners? I am also curious to see the actual awards. Our ever-so-organized secretary, Heidi Hoe Bag did a phenomenal job making them last year. What did you come up with this year Heidi?

I will be sure to fill you in on all the party details!

xo
The Ettator

No comments: