Monday, January 26, 2009

Grazie, Gracias, Danke Shane, Merci!

Writing for the blog has become one of my passions and I always look forward to posting my thoughts on this public bulletin board. I suppose writing has been something I've always loved, but for the first time I feel like it serves a purpose for someone other than myself. I am so honored to represent The Roller Rebels and am thrilled that I am able to get information about the league and roller derby out to the public in a way that people find interesting. So while I'm happy to be able to express myself here, I'm even more excited that I have faithful readers who tune in and best of all respond. I want to send out a big thank you to all of you who take the time out to read my posts. Thank you for reading, thank you for commenting, thank you for your emails, thank you for checking off that little "Etta, this rocks" box. It means more to me than you know. Also, a special thank you to Mega Watts for coming up with the clever name, The Rebel Yell!

Derby plays such an important roll in the lives of so many women and men. It helps us through the rough patches we slip on in life, brings us new family and friends and supports strong, independent women. It keeps us healthy and aids in weight loss and enables us to realize we can do things we never thought we could. It helps us conquer our fears and teaches us the meaning of dedication and commitment. It is our source for fun and our outlet for stress. It is a community where we can all come together and share a common thread. It serves it's own purpose to each individual and it is amazing!
Photos Courtesy of Krystyna

Please keep the questions and comments coming and I promise to do my best to continue to keep all of you informed.

Many thanks again!
xo
Etta

No comments: