Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stuck Around a While and Got My Kicks

I made it over to Matty T's last night with two of my roller girls, Amaretto Sourpuss and Carnage Electra, for The Elvis Tribute/Food Drive.  The bar was filled from wall to wall with people of all ages who gathered together to help raise money for local food banks and listen to over 45 Elvis cover songs being performed by various talents. The show started at about 9:30 and was still going on after we left at 1:30AM.  We had the pleasure of listening to both female and male performers, each with their own unique sound.  PBRs were just $2.50 and for only $10 and a can of beets, I was admitted to a show that was better than a peanut butter and banana sandwich.  I felt like I was robbing them! In addition, we got to spend some time chatting with our friends Roy and Mike from The Buzzards and a good time was had by all.  It was so nice to see such a huge turnout for this important cause, especially in temperatures below 20 degrees!  This is an annual event, so if you missed this one, be sure to catch the Elvis tribute again next year.

Sadly there were no Elvis sightings, but rock sure CAN roll!

xo
EJ  

No comments: