Monday, January 5, 2009

We're Back!

It's here. The night that seemed so far away is finally here. Tonight, we return to United Skates to gear up and get back on the rink for our first practice in about a month. I have mixed feelings about it. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of my favorite faces, talking about the exciting bouts, scrimmages and events to come and getting back on my skates. However, I'm wondering how well I am going to make it through those rough drills after being away for so long and with a little bit of extra weight on me. I'm also still recovering from my New Year's Eve sickness. I've spoken to some of my teammates who share this fear, so I have been reassured that I'm not the only one feeling this way. What I keep in mind is the high I will experience when the endorphins kick in and the thought that I know will hit is "How was I able to stay away for so long". How about the rest of you skaters out there? How do you make it through after taking a break?


xo
EJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah its been so long that I have mixed feelings about tonight. One the one hand I'm excited to get back in the swing of things, skate and see my derby family.

The other hand I'm nervous about not doing so well, and i'm lazy and not wanting to drive.

Bleh its been too long!!!!

-FB MK